We’re looking for community leaders to join our Board of Directors.
Are you passionate about making a difference in your community? Do you have an interest in history, heritage, and Museums? We might have a good fit for you.
We are seeking diverse Board members with skills and / or experience in the following areas:
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Event sponsorship and community partnerships
- Fundraising and donor recruitment
Board Member Roles and Responsibilities
The Burlington Museums Foundation raises friends and funds to support Burlington’s two museums, Joseph Brant Community Museum and Ireland House at Oakridge Farm. Our community museums are cultural destinations that provide diverse opportunities for visitors to explore and learn.
The Burlington Museums Foundation Board consists of up to 11 members and meets up to 12 times a year. Foundation Directors have responsibilities overseeing and supporting the general operations of the Burlington Museums Foundation. This includes ensuring a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, providing counsel, and actively participating in philanthropy and advocacy initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as an ambassador for the Burlington Museums Foundation (BMF) and the Museums of Burlington.
- Support the annual objectives of the Burlington Museums Foundation.
- Actively participate in decision-making at Board meetings
- Promote the Museums of Burlington in the community and actively seek opportunities to partner with businesses and other community initiatives.
- Steward donors and prospective donors, build relationships and cultivate funding. opportunities, emphasizing diversity in donor engagement.
- Assist personally in soliciting gifts and grants from individuals, foundations, corporations and other resources, fostering a diverse range of supporters.
- Use personal expertise and abilities to benefit the BMF (when applicable)
- Recruit and elect new Directors with an interest in heritage, culture and philanthropy, ensuring diverse representation in leadership.
- Volunteer and serve on committees (when applicable)
- Commit to up to 3-5 hours a month in supporting BMF including meetings, events and Board meeting preparation.
- Attend Board meetings regularly (1 per month)
- Promote and participate in events held by the BMF
- Admit annually members of the BMF Board
- Commit to a two-year term minimum, ensuring diversity and equitable continuity.
Download and complete our application form and email to: